Just like in any other area of marketing, the legal field requires strategy and planning. The more effective and methodical we are in this process, the greater the difference in awareness and lead generation in this fast-paced vertical.
No matter how desperate or in need a potential client for legal advice may be, it’s not guaranteed that they will turn to a law firm or lawyer specializing in mass tort cases easily.
Simply waiting for clients to come seeking help is not enough. Pride, shame, or just ignorance can inhibit someone from taking prompt and effective action.
It’s precisely in that moment of doubt or indecision that a well-oiled promotional or advertising machine should come into play. Through appropriate strategies, legal marketers must aim to provide that final push needed to unleash a constant flow of clients interested in obtaining fair compensation for damage or injury inflicted by third parties.
In today’s article, we’ll showcase some effective advertising strategies for mass tort cases, along with examples of successful campaigns on social media. Keep reading to discover what you need to know and apply to succeed in this popular affiliate marketing vertical.
Why Advertise Mass Tort Cases on Social Media?
Advertising for mass tort cases is a way to promote the legal services of a law firm or a lawyer specializing in this area of the law to attract potential clients who have been affected by a problem. It’s a vertical that requires a specific strategy, considering the peculiarities of this field, client needs, and market competition.
Leveraging the potential of social media is a smart decision for legal practice due to the series of benefits it offers.
Firstly, the reach. Social media platforms have millions of active users who consume and share content constantly. By advertising mass tort cases on social media, you can reach a large audience interested in your legal services or who may know someone in need.
This audience can be segmented based on specific characteristics, interests, and behaviors. This way, you can target people who have been affected by a common problem or meet certain criteria that make them eligible to participate in a class-action lawsuit or multidistrict litigation.
Social media allows you to interact with your target audience, creating a relationship of trust and credibility. You can generate conversations, comments, questions, opinions, and testimonials that help you better understand potential clients, address concerns, showcase your expertise, and build references.
This continuous and strategic interaction generates quality leads that, when properly nurtured, turn into real clients. Through calls to action (CTAs) such as forms, buttons, or links, you can redirect people to your website or affiliate platform, where you can capture their contact information, offer a free consultation, or invite them to join a class-action lawsuit.
Some Risks to Consider
However, advertising mass tort cases on social media also comes with its challenges, starting with high competition and information saturation. Remember that many of these cases are handled by large national or international firms with more resources, experience, and prestige. Therefore, you need a social media strategy that sets you apart and captures the attention of the target audience.
Additionally, you’ll be in a highly regulated field with mandatory compliance standards and policies, especially regarding the dissemination of sensitive topics such as health, safety, or legality. Not complying exposes you to the rejection, blocking, or sanctioning of your content or advertising. For more information on this, check out this link.
And obviously, the last thing you want is to throw all that investment of work and money into the waste basket due to a regulatory infringement. So, not only plan financially but also implement appropriate risk management.
Finally, consider that results are neither immediate nor guaranteed and may depend on external factors such as the social media algorithm, user reactions, or competition response.
Choosing the Right Social Media for Legal Advertising
With the pros and cons of social media clarified, the next step in your mission, if you decide to accept it, is to choose which social media platform(s) to deploy your strategy on.
Not all platforms are the same, and they don’t have the same audience, format, reach, or cost. The decision should be based on your objectives, budget, and target audience.
For mass tort cases, we suggest starting with the following criteria:
- Audience Size and Profile: Choose social media platforms with a broad and relevant audience for your mass tort cases niche, matching the profile of your target audience in terms of age, gender, location, income, education, interests, etc.
- Type and Format of Content: Select social media platforms that allow you to create and disseminate the type and format of content that best fits your message, value proposition, and call to action, whether it’s text, image, video, audio, etc.
- Cost and Return on Investment (ROI): Look for platforms that offer a reasonable cost and favorable return on investment, depending on your objectives, budget, and niche. Analyze cost per click, cost per impression, cost per lead, cost per conversion, return on investment, etc.
- Competition and Differentiation: Be present on platforms that allow you to stand out and differentiate yourself from your competition and offer growth and innovation opportunities. Do some benchmarking by analyzing the presence, activity, strategy, and results of your competitors.
Designing and Executing the Advertising Campaign on Social Media
Now it’s time to design and execute the advertising campaign for mass tort cases on social media.
Start by creating your profile or page on the selected social media platforms, optimizing it to reflect your image, message, and value proposition. Use a name, logo, photo, description, link, and tone of voice consistent with your brand and niche. The goal is to build trust and credibility among your target audience.
Next, define your budget and schedule for your campaign. Determine how much money you will invest, on which social media platforms, in which formats, at what times, and how often, and how you will measure and adjust your investment based on your results.
With these technical aspects defined, you can start creating and publishing content, adapting it to each social media platform, format, and audience. Use clear, simple, and persuasive language that captures the attention and interest of your audience and responds to their needs, problems, and motivations. Complete it with visual elements such as images, videos, infographics, etc., that reinforce your message and evoke empathy and emotion.
As you become consistent in content publication, more and more people will follow you, resulting in a loyal and regular community that you need to manage. Encourage participation, interaction, and loyalty from your audience through educational, informative, or entertaining content. Provide information, tips, testimonials, success stories, etc. Respond to comments, questions, opinions, and complaints from your audience.
Then, analyze and optimize your performance for your mass tort advertising campaign on social media. Use the appropriate data and tools to assess the impact and return of your campaign and identify improvement opportunities. Some of these tools include Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, and Instagram Insights.
Examples of Successful Digital Campaigns
To see these strategies in action and the results you can achieve, let’s share some cases of study in the legal field, hoping they serve as a benchmark and inspire you to become the next success story.
- Koetz Law Firm, Brazil: The Koetz law firm, with branches in Brazil, ventured into digital marketing in 2011 through a website. Although initially attracting clients mainly from nearby regions, in 2013, they sought professional advice to expand their online presence. They adopted an informative digital marketing strategy focused on social security, producing accessible legal content in a blog. Despite initial doubts about the effectiveness of digital marketing in their industry, the firm saw the opportunity to be a pioneer in the field. After studying the keywords of public interest, they created a content plan that was strictly followed. In 10 months, the website went from 1,022 monthly visits (November 2013) to 21,609 visits (September 2014), representing a 2,014% increase. In a year, lead generation increased by 460%.
- The Expert Institute Legal Services Platform: Connecting experts from its database with lawyers and investment companies, this platform achieved success with a single email marketing campaign. They focused on personalization, sending all emails with the signature of the vice president of relationships and the first names of each subscriber. The numbers reflect the great result of this marketing automation example: a 60% open rate, a 20% click-through rate, and a 200% increase in conversions.
- Immigration Law Firm Facebook Ads Campaign: A law firm specializing in immigration law wanted to target a specific audience of tech startups needing help with visas for their foreign employees. They implemented a targeted Facebook Ads campaign directing ads to employees in tech startups in the San Francisco Bay Area. The campaign resulted in a 50% increase in leads and a 25% increase in new clients.
Legal marketing for mass tort cases offers unique opportunities to reach a broad audience and make a positive impact. By implementing advertising strategies that go beyond traditional promotion, you can build a strong and ethical online presence.